Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Today is Boring Color Day!

Well, no, not really. It's just that my random selection (with eyes closed, mind you!) from my untried box yielded two not very exciting colors, although I thought one would be at least a little exciting... but alas. Here we have Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Terracotta (which is totally NOT even CLOSE to terracotta, & why are they revamping the formula?! I LOVE the formula on these... I bet it going to suck now, which is why I'm glad they just had a huge sale & I snapped some up for 2.29 piece, ahem):


I'm torn on this color. It's darker than mannequin hands, but it's so damn neutral & safe. On the other hand, it reminds me of cashmere, or a Burberry scarf, & I feel cuddly when I look at it. Wtf, I know. This is two coats, lovely application.

The other untried I pulled out was from the Milani Holographic collection, the gold one. It's called 3D. I layered two coats over the SH (& then futzed around with my striper brushes, because I was thinking of my fella & I love him):


I don't know about this color on me either. It looks ever so slightly greener in real life, & it's not a strong enough holo that I'm willing to overlook the color. I usually prefer wearing polish that is noticeably darker in tone than my skin, otherwise weird clashy things like this happen. *sigh*

I'm so torn! This'll probably come off later...

0 comments: