Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hurricane Mani, as Promised :-)

First of all, I just want to say that I'm astonished at the way Sandy devastated the lives of so many people... less than a mile from me. I'm truly convinced that nothing less than a nuclear attack will knock Harlem down. My heart goes out to all those whose lives were changed for the worse because of Sandy. I am one of the lucky ones, as all I lost was a significant amount of income from not being able to work for a few days. Rent is late, but that's all. I still have a home. May the universe bless those in need, with what they need as soon as possible.

So, onto the nails I got to stare at while I was shacked up with my fella for 5 days. They started out with CoverGirl's new Outlast polish in Forever Festive. It's a deep, glowy, candy apple red that can best be described as pure sex on one's nails, hahaha.





The last photo is after I added about a gabillion coats of glitter, all various types. My nails resembled mini Klimt paintings actually, & it was kind of nice... except for the killer tip wear/ shrinkage which just drove me batshit  insane! The polish was literally begging to be peeled off... which I'm ashamed to say I couldn't resist :-( My nails look terrible at the moment now, so I'm going to keep polish changing to a minimum for a while. Never fear though, I've got some more manis to show you soon, including the ugliest color to ever find itself on my nails!

To close this on a totally unrelated note, I'm just gonna go ahead & say that  Glass Houses by Billy Joel is one of the best albums ever. Cor.

0 comments: