Thursday, November 22, 2012

Turkey Day is here :-)



This marks the third year in a row that I've happily chosen NOT to see my family, whom I've cut off all contact with, except for my brother & sister. From what I hear of the family drama via my sister, I'm ever more happy to not be in touch. Remember folks... you can't choose WHO you're related to, but you can choose HOW you relate, & I choose not to relate at all. Simple as that!

So this year, me & my fella (who has no family to celebrate with) are going to celebrate together. I'm going over to his place later, & he's cooking pork chops (We're rebels ;-). He's one of the people in my life I'm most thankful for... I doubt I've ever met a man with a bigger heart. Tomorrow or Saturday, someone's coming to pick up a blanket they commissioned, & I'm also giving him plants for his mom. I just did a HUGE re-potting & grooming of almost all the plants in my window, which is another thing I'm thankful for. I love my little garden of african violets, jade plants, geraniums, marigolds, my barely sprouting tulips, & my everlasting tomato plants.

I'll probably be late on Franken Friday, but I'm pretty sure I'll have another manicure on my fellas hands to show off soon, so stay tuned ;-) and Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments: