Monday, September 17, 2012

Egg Salad Nails?

Uh... so my first attempt at a glitter sandwich is more of a glitter salad, I guess...



I must confess, that although I love the color yellow, I can't seem to find one that I like on my nails. They're either too bright, too pastel, too light, too shimmery, too obnoxious, or just look baaaaad on me. This is one coat of Wet N' Wild The Wonder Yellows, under one coat of WnW Party of Five Glitters, then a coat of Sinful Colors UFO, then Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Rock Candy... then the yellow base again. I have faith though that one day... One day, I will discover the perfect yellow polish for my skin! This one is currently in my frankening pile. I've already mixed it with something else, but it's not quite done yet. I'll figure it out.

My last mani wound up looking like this, ultimately:



after I added a coat of Milani Gems on top. Despite the incredible glitteriness, I was just so fucking bored by it all weekend at my fellas place... I was itching to get it off! Now I've got egg salad on my nails... my fella agrees it's the kind with scallions & a dash of red pepper ;-) Needless to say, this shit is coming off later, as soon as I can decide what happens next!

What's *your* favorite yellow? are there actually any good ones out there, or am I on a fruitless search?

0 comments: