Thursday, September 20, 2012

There is nothing glitter can't cure...

...and I mean NOTHING.

I started off with this color, Vacation Time, from Sinful Colors. I have a weird love/hate with this color. Formula was alright, very opaque, super thick & drying would have taken foreverrrr without Dry Kwik.


I wanted something fairly neutral, to take a break from all the color & glitter I've been wearing. LOLLLLLL... well, it started out innocently enough.

But... it was just this plain color. I have a hard time leaving things plain. So I thought, well, maybe tomorrow I'll do a couple of random gold triangles. But as I reached over to the dresser to get my clean up brush, babam! I dinged my pinky. So I thought... I'll do triangles now, after clean up! However, maybe it's because I'm using the cheapest dollar store scotch tape imaginable, the triangles (painted in OPI Just Spotted the Lizard) came out sloppy on my first two attempts. So then I said whatevs, I'll freehand that shit. We all know where this is going, don't we? ;-)

Suffice to say, it was TERRIBLE.  So, so so so so bad. I tried to fix things with my gold striper brush. I didn't think it was possible but... yeah. It looked worse.

Enter the glitters: Pure Ice Spitfire & NYX Girls Mushroom Glitter.



While it still looks pretty sloppy & random, I gotta say it's pretty damn gorgeous compared to what it was before. Sure, it's pretty uneven since not all nails have the OPI on them. But the bling  factor kinda makes up for it, no? 

0 comments: