Thursday, September 20, 2012

Franken Friday, #1!

I've decided that since I have so many polishes I've frankened (& more being made all the time!) that every Friday will be dedicated to them. So, first up, Mr. Mackey's Khakis!


It's not really a khaki, more of a gray, & he always wears jeans anyway I think, right? It's got sparse glitter in it, but goes on pretty smooth.


Excuse my rough ass cuticles, ugh. So yeah, there's franken numbah one! Except we all know by now that I can't just leave my polish alone, right? M'kay, so yeah, then this happened...

... I layered QRS Cotton Candy over it, just to see what the iridescent purple/white combo would look like. It's much more of an iridescent periwinkle purple than you can see here, but I like it. Of course, I also had to add some goddamn glittah ;-) I had a ding in my ring finger, what was I supposed to do? hahahahaha.

 I've also decided to go along with the 13 questions tag from nouveaucheap.blogspot.com. Ready, set, here we go!

1.) What's one thing that most people don't know about you?
I'm deeply philosophical. Deeply. I prefer solitude to company most of the time, & wind up contemplating all facets of issues big and small as I paint my nails, which is one of my favorite ways to unwind.

2.) What's your favorite quote?
"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding." Khalil Gibran

3.) What's one food that you can't live without? 
Red meat. So not kidding. I love beef with a passion.

4.) What's your song of the week?
Well, I've had this song stuck in my head for the last few days. Goddamn, Peter Steele was HOT.  

I've got him singing, "Red water..." over & over again in my head.

5.) What movies could you watch over & over & still love? 
Old school Disney movies, specifically Sleeping Beauty, the Labyrinth... Jawbreaker... The Crow (LOVE that movie!)

6.) Can you change the oil on a car?
Never had to, will probably never need to... thanks to the subway ;-)

7.) Favorite kind of sandwich?
Roast beef & mozzarella, with gravy. Mmm.

8.) Can you knit or crochet?
I can do both, & I do both often & quite happily! I also dye my own yarn, & recently learned how to spin. Just started a new scarf tonight, actually, a knit one :-)

9.) How many languages can you speak?
English & a lot of Spanish... its pretty mandatory here in Harlem. Let us not forget though, my own language of grunts & sounds... oh god. Sometimes I forget when I'm in public, & I make the sounds as I bend to get something, and... yeah. Whatevs, sometimes you just gotta say, "UHJUHJUHJUHJUHJHUHHHHJJJJUUHHHHHHHH" really loudly man, you know? ;-)

10.) Reusable shopping bags, do you ever forget them?
The plastic bags I get are used as trash bags, so... they're totally reused.

11.) Favorite type of pie?
Chicken pot pie. Not a fan of sweets, generally.

12.) What do you wear to bed? 
During summer, often nothing, as it's so damn hot in my room. (No a/c.) Otherwise, a ragged gray lace/tulle nightgown that I love. Right now, it's polka dot pjs & a gray tank top.

13.) Ever been in love?
Never more so than I am right now <3 Seriously. I've never been in a healthy relationship before. The man is so damn good to me... not to mention he's friggin' hot.  I must have been reaaaallllly good in my last life!

Speaking of the man, I am off to see him now :-) Toodle-oo!

0 comments: