Saturday, September 15, 2012

To leave it or not to leave it, that is the question...

Before I get into the gory details of how I sometimes can't leave well enough alone & why you shouldn't paint your nails in bed while you're super tired (nail polish on your pillow, anyone?) I wanted to show off how lovely the water marble looked with this shirt I have:

Sure, I felt like a total hippie chick. But whatevs, man. Deal wit it ;-)

Now, onto my new nails! I started off with three coats of Downtown Brown from the Maybelline Color Show collection. It's a pretty brown/teal duochrome (or at least, that's how it looks in the bottle!) & the color combo reminded me of Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies. Yum. Now, I only needed two coats for opacity, but I thought maybe a third would bring out the shimmer more... (& if I remember correctly, it was during the third that I spazzed & dropped the brush, leaving lovely schmutz all over my black satin pillow case). NOPE. Instead, my hastily painting, impatient ass wound up with bubbly nails. See here:

also? That cute little metallic star, from KISS? Pain in the bum to lay down. Though I'm sure if my polish wasn't three layers thick & still goopy, it might not have been an issue... ahem. You can see a tiny bit of the teal here, but honestly, when not in direct sunlight it's either just brown or translates to a weird olive green.

So then, I thought, "Fuck it! Glitter covers a multitude of sins, right?" & grabbed my never been used bottle of Sinful Colors Hottie, a gorgeous blue sheer jelly glitter, with tiny holographic glitters. Blue & brown go together well, right? Well, here they certainly do!

Hottie certainly lives up to it's name, I think. But now, I'm thinking about how sweet it might look if I add some orange glitter, in the form of Sinful Colors UFO over it... same principle as Hottie, but orange.

I need someone to babysit me, I swear!

edited to add: Ok, here with UFO on pinky, middle & pointer. Hard to tell the difference...


0 comments: