Saturday, September 15, 2012

First post, & an introduction!

Well, it seems I've been bitten by the nail polish bug so damn bad, I'm gonna have to start blogging about it ;-) I've already invested hundreds of dollars & hours of time into my addiction & it's only getting worse... so, may as well share what I've learned & have come to love with everyone on the interwebs, right? *coughnotthatI'mtryingtojustifyanythingherecough*

ahem. So anyhow. Yeah. The title, you may have noticed, is slightly unusual, but it fits... I'm a rock n' roll junkie, I've been working in the Manhattan music scene for a few years now. I'm a salty bitch... my language and attitude are colorful, to say the least. & nails... well, I think that's pretty obvious! It's also a reference to one of my favorite songs, sung beautifully by Joan Baez, which has been on loop in my head for some time now.



To start, here's a picture of my current mani, which has been my first ever successful water marbling attempt. (a huuuuge thank you to Colette at mysimplelittlepleasures.blogspot.com for her amaaaaazing, gorgeous pictures & tutorials on the subject. Turns out my previous attempts failed because I had a fan on behind me... d'oh!)





Polishes used are Sinful Colors Thimbleberry (the pink), QRS Yellow Tulip, & QRS Caribbean Turquoise. I used KISS nail stickers to accent & hide a few dings/ bare spots. I've had this on for FOUR WHOLE days now, with only the smallest chip on my right index finger. Four whole days... this is mind boggling for me. Usually polishes chip like crazy on me, because I'm not gentle with my fingers. But, since I've started using the QRS top coat, it's not even an issue... & while I'm on the topic of QRS polishes, can I just tell you they're freaking wonderful?! They're cheap, they're incredibly well pigmented, & the formula is simply butterific. (Yes Google, that's a word now ;-) You can check them out & buy them here:  www.qnail.com

Even my fella was entranced by this mani... & while he's quite supportive of any of my frivolous endeavors (knitting, crocheting, my african violet/ other plants collection, nail art, etc) he was double wowed by this. I did it Tuesday night before I went to his place, since we were going to see ZZ Top on Wednesday (seriously, the coolest band on the planet. You don't have to like them as much as I do, but you gotta admit they're cool!) and all night he just kept looking at my fingers. Of course, I was guilty too ;-)

So, now that I've accepted the fact that I have a nail polish problem addiction, it's only going to get worse. Rather than try to limit myself, I've decided to go with the flow & try new things, in the name of "research". Yes, research. Right, I'm a nail polish scientist, you guys! *rolls eyes*

Ok, I'm headed off to re-paint my nails. This is lovely, but the bright candy colors are something I can only stand for so long before I feel slightly ill... still, I'm super duper proud of myself for accomplishing it!

Sibyl Rose, over & out!
  

0 comments: